Effective Date: 02/10/2020
Mastercard's Priceless Causes Privacy Notice
Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd (“Mastercard”) respects your privacy. Mastercard is the entity responsible for the processing of your personal data in the context of Mastercard's Priceless Causes program ("Program"), which provides the channel to donate to selected charities and causes identified on this website ("Priceless Causes"). This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal data we collect in connection with the Program, the purposes for which we collect such personal data and with whom we may share it. This Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal data. We also tell you how you can reach us to update your contact information or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices.
1. Information We Collect About You
In connection with your participation in the Program and use of the Site, we ask for certain personal data such as your:
- E-mail Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Personal Account Number (PAN)
- Postal Code
- Expiration Month
- Expiration Year
We collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive directly from you, upon registration and via your subsequent interactions with us in connection with Priceless Causes; and
- Information we obtain in the course of processing transactions in respect of the donations you make via the Priceless Causes website; and
- Information from the acquiring bank(s) which process(es) transactions in respect of your donations.
If you do not provide us with your personal data when requested, this may mean we are not able to register you for, or properly administer your membership of, the Program and you may not be able to make donations to Priceless Causes. We may also not be able to respond to your enquiries or requests for assistance in connection with the Program if you do not provide us with relevant personal data.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Create and manage your online account, identify your eligible transactions, calculate the donation amount and respond to your inquiries;
- Communicate with you regarding Priceless Causes and future donation campaigns;
- Validate your payment card information;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and franchise quality;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; analyzing our products, services and websites; facilitating the functionality of our websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Monitor the use of and improve our interactive assets;
- As authorized by law and to comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies;
- Perform auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services; and
- In accordance with any further notices provided to you at the time of collection of your information, and any consents you have given.
3. Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data we collect about you, except as described herein or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected:
- We share information to operate Priceless Causes and this Site with our headquarters and affiliates, including Mastercard International Inc
- We also share information regarding your donation with the Priceless Causes which you select to receive your donations ("Donation Recipients"). The information we share with Donation Recipients includes: your name, your registered email address, your country and details of your donation. Donation Recipients may use this information to contact you to thank you for your donation and provide you with information regarding their activities (including the use the Donation Recipient proposes to make, or has made, of your donation) and any tax receipts or certificates which may be required in connection with your donation.
- We also share information with acquirers who process donations made to Priceless Causes. The information we share with Acquirers includes: your country, your credit/debit card details and details of your donation. Acquirers use this information to process transactions in respect of your donations made via the Priceless Causes website;
- We also may share the information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers by contract to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of personal data they process on our behalf;
- We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; and
- We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal data with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
4. Transfer of Personal Data
Mastercard may transfer or disclose personal data to recipients outside of your country, including the United States of America. The transfer or disclosure of personal data outside your country may be subject to restrictions, and Mastercard will take all necessary steps to ensure compliance with applicable data protection law, in particular, the legal requirements on adequate protection for data transfers to countries outside your country. Please note however that the countries which Mastercard transfers or discloses the personal data to may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information, and you may not have access to mechanisms to protect the data under the data protection law in that country.
5. How We Protect Personal Data
We restrict access to nonpublic personal data about you to those employees and contractors who need to know that information to perform their duties. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards that comply with applicable data protection law to protect the nonpublic personal data we have about you.
We only retain personal data for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected, or as otherwise notified to you or in respect of which you have consented, unless otherwise provided by law. We take measures to destroy personal data when there is no longer a business need to keep the information. The types of measures we take vary with the type of information, and how it is collected and stored.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the personal data we hold about you and certain choices about what personal data we collect from you, how we use it, and how we communicate with you. We have developed Mastercard’s "My Data Center" portal to facilitate the exercise of your rights to the extent permitted by law. You can also submit a request as described in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
You may also request at any time that your personal data be rectified, blocked or deleted if it is incorrect, inaccurate or outdated. Following any data request for access, rectification or deletion, we will accommodate your enquiry as required by applicable law.
If you decide you no longer want Mastercard to process your personal data, at your request we will delete your account, and any reference to you will be deleted. Please note that if we delete all your personal data, you will no longer have access to Mastercard's Priceless Causes. We will not use any technical mechanism to subject you to a decision which produces legal effects and which is based solely on automated processing of data.
7. Links to Other Websites
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Mastercard. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or operated by Mastercard, we are not responsible for the websites' content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
9. Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal data practices. We will post a notice on this Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
10. How to Contact Us
If you would like to update the information we have about you or your preferences, you may do so by accessing the data you have already entered on the Site and modifying it directly. If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Privacy Notice, or about our handling of your personal data, or if you wish to request access to or correct personal information or to make requests to limit the processing of your personal information, you can contact us by contacting the Malaysia telephone number found at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/about-mastercard/who-we-are/global-locations.html, by e-mail: email@example.com or by writing to:
Global Privacy & Data Usage Officer
Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd.
3 Fraser Street Level 17
To assist Mastercard in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. Mastercard will review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with how Mastercard responds, you may take your complaint to the applicable regulator in your jurisdiction.